Ingredients for the shortcrust:
- 330 grams of Caputo flour Pasticceria
- 80ml of sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of Paneangeli icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Paneangeli yeast for cakes
- Lemon or orange zest (optional)
Ingredients for the filling:
- 250g Buffalo ricotta La Marchesa
- 300g Mascarpone Sterilgarda
- 90g Sugar
- 3 tbsp Chocolate chips (or as per your liking).
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To prepare the shortcrust, add all the ingredients into a bowl except the oil and whisk until you get a sticky sand-like texture. You can use a food processor or mixer too. Add the oil now, if the dough is too dry you can add a little water.
- Once the dough is ready, it does not need to sit in the fridge. You can make a 4-6 mm layer with the help of a rolling pin and lay it on a non-stick round baking pan preferably with a removable bottom. Cut edges and keep them for the final decoration.
- To prepare the filling, pour all ingredients together except the chocolate chips and use either a hand whisk or an electric one to make the mixture. After 2 minutes of mixing add the chocolate chips and stir gently, pour all the filling into the shortcrust.
- With the leftover shortcrust make a 3-5 mm layer with the rolling pin, cut it with a knife or pastry wheel and make a net on top of the crostata.
- Bake the crostata for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you want a glossy finish on top, you can brush the crostata with a beaten egg yolk 5 minutes before you stop baking.
- Let it cool 30 minutes before eating and it can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Recipe by Fabio & Flavio (https://www.instagram.com/theitaliansupper)