- 1lt vegetable stock
- 350g Carnaroli rice
- 200g green beans
- 8 large shrimp (medium-sized prawns)
- 40g basil leaves
- 40g Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 20g pine nuts
- Evo oil
- Heat a shallow cooking pot over medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil, 350g of Carnaroli rice and toast it for 1 minute
- Gradually add the vegetable broth, a little at a time when it runs low. Cook for 17 minutes until "al dente".
- Meanwhile, trim the ends from the green beans, then steam until "al dente", chop into small pieces and put aside.
- Place the rucola (rocket) leaves in a blender with Grana Padano, 20g of pine nuts, 1 clove of garlic, a pinch of salt, and 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil and blend until well mixed but not too smooth.
- Clean the prawns and halve them lengthwise. (Keep 1 or 2 whole for garnish if you wish).
- In a separate frying pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and fry prawns lightly for 1-2 minutes.
- When the rice is ready, add in the pesto, green beans and prawns. Toss lightly.
- Garnish with some freshly ground black pepper and whole prawns if desired. Serve immediately.