- 300 g Faella spaghettini
- 1 tin Robo cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar tomato sauce Iris
- 1 kg eggplants
- 100 g salty ricotta and extra for tossing
- 200 g heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic
- Casinetto extra virgin olive oil
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Handful washed, dried fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- Peel the eggplant and cut length-wise in slices about 5mm thick. Sprinkle with salt and place in a colander for about 1 hour to release the bitterness of the water and create a stronger flavour.
- In the meantime, prepare the tomato sauce in a medium saucepan: heat olive oil, add chopped garlic and fry until golden. Add cherry tomatoes, tomato sauce and season with salt. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- In a separate saucepan, heat cream on low heat. Grate in ricotta and stir.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain. Toss with tomato sauce and extra ricotta and basil leaves.
- In a frying pan, fry the eggplant slices in sunflower oil until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Line foil cups with eggplant. Let extra length hang over edges to be folded over on top of filling. Fill the cup with the pasta mixture. Fold eggplant over to cover (or use extra pieces).
- Bake 180C for 10-12 minutes.
- Tip Timballo onto a plate and spoon ricotta sauce over top. Decorate with a drizzle of tomato sauce and basil leaves.